WAO’s Concerns About Education in America
An Educational System Transformed to Disempower “The People”
Slow Process of Change Has Been a Silent Thief
Like many things around us, the course of our nationʼs educational system has also slowly changed over the last century. Critical educational pillars and objectives, that helped empower “The People” and make our nation strong, have gradually been undermined through mainstream education. A slow process of indoctrination and regulation has been a systematic, silent thief that …
- Removed religious studies, the Bible, and reference to our sovereign God; replacing this bedrock to education with alternative foundations for creation, science, and history as well as leaving us with a society that substantially lacks the virtues of honor, charity, moderation, accountability, honesty, personal responsibility, family values, strong work ethic, etc.
- Stifled allegiance to our nation for the sake of political correctness; giving rise to complacency for the freedoms we enjoy and lack of patriotic duty to protect them.
- Failed to engrain the critical necessity of history and the US Constitution; promoting a disconnected and distorted worldview that cripples our nationʼs ability to make educated and accountable decisions.
- Added volumes of great enrichment programs, lateral content and resources; silently choking out core content and learner practice essential for content mastery.
- Lowered performance expectations and taught to the lowest denominator; jeopardizing our nationʼs educational competitiveness in the global marketplace.
- Overwhelmed the educational system with widespread, unfocused objectives; creating a fragmented, inefficient educational environment that no longer embraces content mastery of basic, essential knowledge. The mission “to educate” has been lost.
- Created a complex educational environment that fails to provide parents and learners with a transparent educational plan and efficient learning solutions; deterring educational involvement and accountability.
- Diminished parental authority; establishing the state as the student’s authoritative figure.
These gradual changes in our nationʼs educational course have been directed by a powerful, complex machine driven by political interests, special interest groups and money interests. Their quest for power, a global economy, and global government inherently obtainable through control of public education. Huge textbook publishing giants, monetarily motivated by educational contracts, write curriculum that supports the machineʼs agenda, then through marketplace domination, these giants carry the agenda to all.
Education Needs to be Restored in our Nation
These slow and silent changes that have altered the course of our nationʼs education need to be reversed. Critical educational pillars and objectives that helped make our nation great need to be restored.
Current Marketplace is Not Rising to Our Nation’s Education Crisis
As glaringly apparent as our education problems are, the current marketplace is not rising to identify or resolve them. The marketplace continues to churn out new products that are merely repackaged indoctrination built upon the same broken approach to education. Huge textbook publishing giants, monetarily motivated by educational contracts, write curriculum that supports the machineʼs agenda, then through marketplace domination, these giants carry the agenda to all.
“The People” need an education provider that will passionately address our nation’s education crisis and bring to the marketplace an innovative solution to place education back into the peoples hands. Americans can then empower themselves, alter the course of our nationʼs education, and ultimately the course of our nation.